Tiger Territory - by Rip Kastaris
Rip was select to be one of the official artists for both the Greece and China Olympics
Watermark logo on image above is NOT on the artwork
Well, Rip Kastaris has done it again. His latest sports painting entitled "Tiger Territory" captures the essence of Mizzou tradition/history and their amazing 2013 - 2014 football season of the Mizzou Tigers ending with the Cotton Bowl victory, 41-31 over the Oklahoma State Cowboys. This giving Mizzou their 12th victory for the year.
The painting captures Mizzou's tradition and history by featuring:
- The six ionic columns that once supported the portico of the Academic Hall and in the background to the right is the Engineering College building - Lafferre Hall.
- "The Big Tree" - a bur oak tree located in rural Columbia, MO that is approximately 350 years old.
- The magnificent Bengal tiger in official recognition of a group of local Civil War militia called "The Missouri Tigers." Their fighting spirit is is now embodied in MU's official mascot, "Truman the Tiger."
- Featuring Mizzou Tigers football with 7-1 SEC season and an overall 12-2 in the 2013 - 2014 season. Lead by Head Coach Gary Pinkel and featuring quarterback James Franklin (#!), running back Henry Josey (#20), and the controversial wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckman (#15)
- In official recognition of a group of local Civil War militia called "The Missouri Tigers." Their fighting spirit is now embodied in MU's official mascot, "Truman the Tiger."
- Mizzou bleeds Black and Gold. Therefore, the background and the entire painting is done in shades of Black and Gold which are the school's colors in keeping with the colors of the Bengal tiger.
It has been stated that this is one of the finest paintings capturing the essence of the University and it's football heritage. This painting is now being made available in 3 very limited giclee editions and in one small framed open edition.
Pre-publication Promotional Offer
For a Limited Time Only
Receive a 40% discount on the artwork and framing with a 50% deposit -- Call or Email for information, availability, pricing, etc
Format #1 -- Large Canvas Giclee
Image size approximately 24x34
Edition Size: 25 with 3 Artist Proofs
Format #2 -- Large Size on Heavyweight Archival Paper Giclee
Paper size approximately 24x30
Edition Size: 50 with 5 Artist Proofs
Format #3 -- Medium Size on Heavyweight Archival Paper Giclee
Paper size approximately 18x24
Edition Size: 100 with 10 Artist Proofs
Format #4 -- Small Framed Print
Framed 8.5x11 Open Edition Print -- Custom matted and framed
A simulated representation of the custom framing with mats: